Specific aims Ways of workingStructure & Length of the ModuleDownloads
- The ability to make explicit and enrich beliefs and practices for addressing diversity in science and mathematics classrooms
- The ability to prepare a lesson plan with teaching methods that take the opportunity of diversity in achievement in the classroom
- The ability to re-design classroom materials into resources with IBL characteristics to create learning environments to be used for including all students and addressing diverse achievement levels
- Provide experience with purposefully chosen teaching methods and resources for science or mathematics that take the opportunity of diversity in achievement among students.
- Reflecting on existing beliefs and practices regarding addressing diversity and regarding IBL
- Providing and discussing concrete subject-specific examples
- Developing and reflecting on important principles for addressing diversity in science and mathematics classrooms
- Experimenting with and reflecting on teaching methods for diversity.
Overall length of the module: 240 min (4 hours) + 90 min homework